- Loft Conversions in Devon
- 1930′s Semi Detached House – hip to brick gable with tiled flat roof dormer
- Exmouth Glass Gable & Twin Pitched Roof Dormer
- 1930's Semi Detached House- hip to cedral gable with flat roof dormer
- Sidmouth Detached Gable Bungalow
- Sidmouth Victorian Terrace House
- Exeter End Terrace House
- Sidmouth Roof Window Loft Conversion
- Old Loft Conversion Replacement
- Detached House, Sidmouth
- Exeter loft conversion to create office space
- Garage Loft Conversion
- 1930's Semi Detached House - hip to tiled gable with flat roof dormer
- Victorian Terrace House. Flat Roof Dormer, Exeter
- Modern Mid-Terrace House
- Detached Bungalow, Sidmouth
- Semi-Detached Bungalow, Exmouth
- Detached Bungalow, Exmouth
- Victorian Terrace House, Velux Conversion, Exeter
- Victorian Mid-Terrace. Heavitree, Exeter
- Detached Bungalow with Flat Roof Dormer, Sandford
- Detached Bungalow, Exmouth
- 1930′s Semi Detached House – hip to brick gable with flat roof dormer
- 1920's Semi-Detached House, Exminster
- Loft Conversions in Somerset
January 24, 2017
February 8, 2018
We are proud members of the trading standards scheme “Buy with Confidence”. Businesses are vetted and approved to ensure that they operate in a legal, honest and fair way. See are customer comments and ratings here.
January 23, 2017
Take a look at some of our most recent feedback posted to Trading Standards “buy with Confidence” by our great customers
Old Loft Conversion Replacement
Mr & Mrs D. contacted us to see what if anything could be done to improve their existing old loft conversion. The situation was slightly unusual, but nothing we had not come across before. The roof had originally been converted with no building regulation approval. Having purchased the property in this condition our clients contacted the council to see what work could be carried out to gain some sort of approval. A list of minor works that would satisfy the council and in so doing be granted a regularisation certificate was drawn up. Whist certainly not covering all work normally expected of a legal loft conversion, more of a making the best of a bad situation. Said works went ahead and room became legal.
However the loft remained cold, layout and room sizes were poor and the roof was in need of a lot of attention. That’s where we come in. Armed with a touch and a lot of squeezing into tight spaces, we were able to access areas around the roof space in the eaves areas. Unfortunately, and not to our clients surprise we suggested complete removal of the room and starting again.
We would remove and relay roof tiles on new breathable felt and treated battens. Install a new structural floor with correct fire protection. Room layout would be improved and a pitched roof dormer would be added to add headroom. The new layout would allow for a shower room and usable landing area. All insulated correctly and built to today’s standards.
Our initial plans and free quotation was sent to the client. Through various meetings a follow up plan was agreed. The client had some great input on the final layout and we always like to have a great working relationship in getting the best ideas on paper. The final designs were sent to Exeter building control for approval along with our structural calculation and building specification.
Full plans building regulation approval was granted. Further meetings with the client followed leading up to the start of works. These were to discuss items such as sanitary goods choice, electrical point positions, choice of doors etc.
Work started as planned with scaffold being erected prior to work commencing. Start of works comprises of materials and skips arriving along with the RAIN!
This job will always be rain linked unfortunately. We suffered the worst continual rain any of us could remember. However we progressed, abet, faster on the inside than the out, however our main concern being to keep the property water tight.
Final conversion has giving the client a completely refurbsied roof, a warm spacious bedroom, useable landing area and a lovely shower-room. A legal loft conversion; that adds value to the home.
We also provided decoration service along with various other additional carpentry works to the property.
You can view the start to finish conversion of this property by visiting > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwxwGnvba8s&feature=share&list=UUWL_ka1q1O4Q_O8_8edGz4g&index=1